Research Intern – Energy and National Security Program
- Tracking Code 261-233
- Job Description
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The CSIS Energy and National Security Program looks at strategic energy issues and the complex interconnections of energy with markets, technology, and environment. In addition to providing analysis for policy makers and industry on major demand trends and the world’s key energy suppliers, the program addresses novel energy developments and technological changes aimed at improving efficiency and promoting alternative energy forms.
- Assist in preparing briefing materials and creating PowerPoints for senior staff presentations
- Provide research support for individual scholars and projects in areas of expertise
- Manage logistics for events including preparation, check-in, and Q&A
- Staff Energy Program events and provide friendly, professional assistance to attendees
- Attend events and lectures held at CSIS and elsewhere to provide thorough summaries
- Provide logistical support to the Program staff for variety of administrative tasks, including drafting email correspondence, crafting newsletters, and routine office work
- Required Experience
- KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least a college junior in good standing, an advanced student, or a recent graduate
- Excellent research skills required
- Strong computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint, & Excel, and knowledge of social media
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Good judgment and ability to complete projects independently and with a team
- Well-organized with the ability to manage multiple projects & priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants, please apply at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com/
Please include a cover letter, resume, and short (1-2 page) writing sample in your application.
If additional documents have been requested from you, please submit them to [email protected]
- Job Location
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Position Type
To apply for this job please visit csis-openhire.silkroad.com.